An Award for my Country

"The Australian Awards is not for an individual. It is for your country..." remarked Tony Crooks, Team Leader for South and West Asia at Taj Tashi on November 21 2017 to 28 Awardees during the Pre-Departure Briefings. His inspiring speech still lingers vibrating in my ears.
The sole purpose of winning an Award is not for self development but to 'give back' what I have received so far. 13 years of free education. 4 years of free training in Bachelors of Education. Another 3 paid winter months of Post Graduation course. My past decade or so of service in the teaching profession has not sufficed what I intended to 'give back'. I have much more to 'give back' in times to come. And my winning of this prestigious Award is indeed going to be added into my endeavour to serve what I am groomed for. To serve unfailingly to My King, My Country and My People.
Thank you Australia for the support and the award. Long live Australia Bhutan Diplomatic Friendship.
Receiving the Award from Australian Ambassador to Bhutan HH Harinder Sidhu at Taj Tashi, November 22 2017. Pic courtesy: Karma Tenzin, COuntry Program Manager, Australia Awards

The 28 Australia Awards Recipients for Intake 2018.
Pic courtesy: Karma Tenzin, COuntry Program Manager, Australia Awards

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HH Chogyal Namkhai Norbu's visit to Bhutan!

She is the One!

We Do Not Remember Days. We Remember Moments!