A Day in my Life...


The morning is misty. Looking through the window, I can barely make out the leaves and grasses. I feel depressed. Later it rains, and my melancholy grows.
I try to think of happier times, times I have spent with my parents, but it only deepens by gloom and soon tears flow in profusion down my cheeks.
Just then my wife enters and before I can control myself, she spots my mood. She holds me by the shoulder and tries to comfort me by holding me in her bosom. I tell her of my sudden despondency and I feel an enormous sense of relief.
The rain stops and the day brightens. Birds twitter in flight. I am euphoric now. I spend the day with my elder son (5 years old) playing PlayStation2 on the only TV in the house. The moments fly unnoticed in the midst of son and Father Company.
Before we know it, its evening and the interlude is interrupted by our younger brother (1 ½ years old) cries. He wants us to take him for an evening walk as usual. So we stroll down the meandering muddy road for quite some time and enjoy the scenery. Then we move back home fully satisfied. The light fades rapidly once the sun sinks behind the mountains and night is upon us pressing upon the window panes.
A deep foreboding grabs me and I beg God to dispel the darkness that threatens to enter my soul. I look up to the sky and a lone bright star catches my eyes. It is as if my prayers have been answered and I mumble ‘Thanks’.
Now when I look back on that special Sunday when my moods swung madly, I feel as though I learnt something important about life but I lack the words and wisdom to say just what. Still it was memorable occasion and I emerged from the experience as if cleansed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HH Chogyal Namkhai Norbu's visit to Bhutan!

She is the One!

We Do Not Remember Days. We Remember Moments!